Call for papers
Euro-Par is the prime European conference covering all aspects of parallel and distributed processing, ranging from theory to practice, from small to the largest parallel and distributed systems and infrastructures, from fundamental computational problems to full-fledged applications, from architecture, compiler, language and interface design and implementation, to tools, support infrastructures, and application performance aspects. Euro-Par’s unique organization into topics provides an excellent forum for focused technical discussion, as well as interaction with a large, broad and diverse audience.
We invite submissions of high-quality, novel and original research results in areas of parallel and distributed computing covered by the following topics:
- Support Tools and Environments
- Performance and Power Modeling, Prediction and Evaluation
- Scheduling and Load Balancing
- High Performance Architectures and Compilers
- Parallel and Distributed Data Management and Analytics
- Cluster and Cloud Computing
- Distributed Systems and Algorithms
- Parallel and Distributed Programming, Interfaces, and Languages
- Multicore and Manycore Methods and Tools
- Theory and Algorithms for Parallel Computation and Networking
- Parallel Numerical Methods and Applications
- Accelerator Computing for Advanced Applications
- Paper abstracts (extended)
February 9February 16, 2018, 23:59 AOE
- Full paper submission (extended, firm deadline)
February 16February 23, 2018, 23:59 AOE
- Author notification
- April 30, 2018
- Camera ready full papers
- June 11, 2018
- August 29-31, 2018
- Workshop proposal submissions (extended, firm deadline)
February 2, 2018February 16, 2018
- Workshop proposal notifications
- February 23, 2018
- Workshop website online and Call for Workshop Papers
- March 21, 2018
- Workshop papers due
May 4, 2018May 27, 2018
- Workshop author notification
- June 25, 2018
- August 27-28, 2018
Submissions must be in PDF format and should not exceed 12 pages (including references) in the Springer LNCS style, which can be downloaded from the Springer Web site. Complete LaTeX sources must be provided for accepted papers.
All submitted research papers will be peer-reviewed. Only contributions that are not submitted elsewhere or currently under review will be considered. Accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings, published by Springer in the ARCoSS/LNCS series. Authors of accepted papers will have to sign a Springer copyright form.
The 24th edition of Euro-Par will introduce two novelties for authors:
- Artifact Evaluation: authors of accepted papers will have the option to submit materials for Artifact Evaluation. Artifacts will be reviewed by a separate committee. Papers that go through the Artifact Evaluation process successfully will receive a seal of approval.
- Chess-Timer Talks: authors of accepted papers will have the option to propose an interactive, chess-timer talk at the conference, allowing 20 minutes of solo speaking time and 15 minutes of discussion time. During the presentation, the audience will be encouraged to interact with the speaker asking questions and making comments. A committee will select a limited number of presentations among those proposed with this modality.
Paper submission is handled electronically with EasyChair through this link.
To prepare the camera ready version of your accepted paper please refer to this page on the Springer Web site, which contains:
- up-to-date styles and templates for LaTeX and Word documents
- guidelines for typesetting your paper using these templates
- the LNCS copyright form
The LNCS style file must be strictly followed, as all source files will be manually reviewed and any tweak to the style file (spacing, margins, etc.) will be removed. Papers not strictly adhering the style will not be considered for publication in the conference proceedings.
The page limit for the original submission was 12 pages. If you need to extend your article to take into account reviews, you may use one or two extra pages without any cost (14 pages, including references, is a hard limit).
Authors of papers with an associated accepted artifact will receive a unique identifier for the artifact to be inserted in the paper. If you have submitted an artifact that has been positively evaluated, please wait for this identifier before uploading the camera-ready version of your paper.
Please sign by hand a copy of the LNCS copyright agreement for the publication in the conference proceedings (Conference title: Euro-Par 2018, Editors : Aldinucci et al.). One author may sign on behalf of all the authors of a particular paper, provided that permission to do so has been accorded by the others author in advance. Digital signatures are not allowed.
All source files (LaTeX file, figures, and references as .bbl file) must be included in a compressed archive (zip or tgz format) and then uploaded using EasyChair as an update of your original submission along with the PDF of the camera-ready version of your paper and a PDF scan of the signed copyright form.
Finally, remember that at least one author should register as speaker to the conference to have the paper published in the proceedings. One speaker registration for each paper must be completed by June 1st.